


Kid 3 has yet another double ear infection. I don't know what to do. My pediatrician is really hoping to get her through the respiratory season before we consider tubes. I think that is a great idea, but in the meantime, I am having many a sleepless nights, a whiney child, and a messy house. I don't know what to think about tubes. I have heard two things regarding chronic ear infections and tubes. They are: 1. chronic ear infections can cause hearing problems. 2. tubes can leave holes or cause scarring which can cause hearing problems. Sounds like a double whammy to me. My neighbor just gave me some kid-e-munne. I am going to give it a shot. It may just boost her immune system enough to get rid of these ear infections once and for all.>
Playing PAT-A-CAKE. Trying to ROLL IT.


6 comments:
My daughter Gretta has had to have tubes not once, but twice.I didn't know about it either, but so far I am really glad that we did. She had her first set at a year and then they fell out at 18 months. She did great for 6 months and then cold season hit again and the problems started all over again. What caused us to get the tubes the second time is that her hearing was so compromised. You should get her hearing checked to to make sure. Since Gretta has had tubes again her hearing is back to normal and she also hasn't been sick. It is so nice! Good luck!
It is so nice to get an opinion from someone in the medical field, and has seen a range of different things!!! I know I need to call the ENT to have her evaluated. Thanks for the advice. It is much needed in my naive world of not so sick, sick kids. Hey, where do you live in LA? My sister is down in 90211. Just for a few more months though.
Sarah, do the tubes if she needs them. I have never heard of the scarring issue. Kade had his put in at 8 months as he had his first infection at 2 wks and then had them chronically, non-stop. The tubes don't stop the infections, but allow the crap to all drain. It makes them so much more comfortable and it is a quick, easy procedure. Kade did rupture an eardrum at 5 years old, but we haven't noticed any lasting effects hearing wise. He does have a loud voice though. Wade has hearing damage from chronic infections w/o having tubes.
Does this mean that Kate has started walking in the 10days that we have been gone. Hope she is feeling better. Luv gm
Not walking quite yet, just standing a ton and taking a few steps. I have an appt. with an ENT set up for next week so we can really see what is going on.
I hope it works! Keep me updated! It seems to be working on Miranda as she started getting a cold.... NO RSV YET!
Post a Comment