Saturday, January 19, 2008
A Little Roundball Ruckus
Women's church basketball started this week. What a debut it was. I haven't played ball in a competitive fashion, 5 on 5 girls, in TEN years. That is a long time. It was fun, a little competitive, a little embarrassing. Just what it should be, right? Not quite like the young women's basketball I remember and despised. I am SO not in basketball shape. Basketball shape is different than most sports and just your average work-out at the gym won't get you in shape for it. Not that I am even in that kind of shape, but whatever. As I was running up and down the court at times, I would see black spots splattered across the court and my arms would get all tingly. Not a good sign. Afterwards I realized I was wearing one of those rubber band headbands to keep my short hair out of my face, and that might have been just a little tight. So, whatever the case, I was sucking wind-HARD. I am sore in all sorts of new places. The fun starts all over again. It sounds all too familiar, something like this happened with church volleyball this fall, although, that seems ages ago. Besides, it definitely works a bunch of different muscle groups. And it definitely works a different edge in me-let's see how much of it I can muster to pull out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment