Saturday, January 12, 2008
7 Hours Through
Last night I was scheduled for a 19L, which means: a 12 hour shift (L is the 12th letter of the alphabet) from 1900 to 0700 (7 pm to 7 am). I got to work and around 2100 the charge nurse asked me if I wanted to go home?!?! Duh. As much as I love working, and as much as I love the money, working through the night isn't my idea of a fun time. Considering how sleep deprived I already am, adding to it by trying to get 3 hours of sleep the next DAY, doesn't always work so well for me. Kid 3 has not been sleeping through the night. We have been dealing with chronic ear infections. Yesterday I took her back into the Dr. for another antibiotic shot. I was hoping last night was the night we all slept through the night. Miracles of miracles, it WAS. I fed her at midnight and we all woke up around 7:00. I am so excited and hope this new tradition can find meaning in my little ones life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
BONUS! THOSE ARE THE BEST NIGHTS WHEN I GET SENT HOME EARLY
Isn't it though? I felt guilty because there are people who actaully have been working 60 hours a week and I do my measely 24 hours a month, and I am the one who gets since home. . .
Post a Comment