Saturday, January 19, 2008

Man Crush or Woman Crush: The man is HOT



Recent blog entry from my in-laws, which as we all know, this is one of my husbands and I's little "crushes" as well. But B may have a new man crush now. We went and saw 27 Dresses last night and he was asking me who the chick in the movie was and I told him Kathryn Heigl. He asked me if she was hot and I told him, yeah. He SO disagreed with me and pointed out that when James Mardsen came out he thought he was so much "hotter" than she was. So, there we have it. He might just be hot enough to move Tom out of position. I don't know. There is something about an athlete being good looking vs. an actor being good looking (I think we kind of expect it with people in that industry). I'll have to get B's input and keep you updated. Afterall, it is easier to justify my crush if my husband has the same one.

"So it's no secret my dear husband LOVES Bill Simmons... (he is hilarious - he writes for ESPN.) and all types of sports and most pseudo-sports... but some of you may not know he has a man-crush on Tom. We have discussed this in great length, along with all the other males we know that have man-crushes on Tom, and it continues to make me laugh. When ever TB is giving an interview, throwing a pass, on a commercial, etc., I love hearing how "he is a beautiful man" ... and I laugh when Spence invites me to disagree. (which of course i don't - i think all women would agree he is a beautiful man)... anyway, today Spence emailed me this and i thought it worthy of sharing- here's to all of you with man-crushes on Tom:"


Bill Simmons email bag:
Q: I'm 6-foot-5, 250 pounds, and not even close to being gay, so you know the Pats are good when people don't even look at me funny when I mention my man-crush on Tom Brady. Mostly, they nod in agreement. I think at least 60 percent of North American males must have a man-crush on Tom Brady at this point, whether they admit it or not. Think about it. You're out at a bar one night with more than a few cocktails in you, and there's Tom Brady, you get to talking, go out on the dance floor, and eventually you're back at the booth and he leans in and tilts his head just a little. Who's turning that down?

3 comments:

chris said...

We were just at Roxbury Park for baseball with the boys. Wade said, 'hey check out those gay men over there in their speedos," It was nice weather, people were laying out. I said, 'how do you know they're gay?" Wade's response, "would you EVER find me laying out in a speedo on the same blanket with any of my guy friends?" I automatically know the answer to that. Wade might agree that Tom is a good looking man, but he would never feel he has a man crush on any man. Too funny.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like I should reconsider this re-connection that we've made. There are only a few things in life that I LOVE...my wife, my kids, the Steelers and the Panthers. Likewise, there are only a few things in life that I HATE. At the top of that list is the Patriots and anyone on that team. I used to love to read Bill Simmons, as a matter of fact, until I realized every other paragraph he wrote mentioned his man-love for Brady and Bellicheat. I guess I will have to have a long chat with B and find out how deep this love runs.

BS and the Kids said...

Ok, so B doesn't have a huge man crush, he will admit the man is "good-looking". And we go back before the patriots were as good as they are. We aren't huge fans of any particular team either, but like I said, he was on my fantasy team, and, he is good-looking. Sorry Cheeto, hopefully, this won't effect anyting.