Thursday, January 24, 2008

Appreciation in the Small Stuff


Kid 1, I like to think, has learned to be fairly well mannered. He is into saying, "Thank-you" at times you don't always expect it from a kid, and sometimes forgets it at times you might deem appropriate.
This morning while feeding Kid 3, I heard him cough, and then mumble something. I had to clarify, because if it was what I thought he said, it was all too cute and funny.

"What did you just say?"

"Thank-you cough. My voice was all funny (mimics his voice being "funny") and so I just coughed and now me better."

I truly never thought I would see the day when someone told their cough, THANK YOU.
I guess it is a lesson learned that I should be more grateful for the small stuff. So, Thank you Kid 1 for being who you are and teaching me to look for the good in life, which you always do.

7 comments:

D-Man said...

You gotta love that kid.

ashley said...

so cute! he cracks me up. glad he is so well mannered. :)

ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ashley said...

sorry... blogger freaked out on me there for a minute & posted my comment 4 times. baah!

Debbie said...

That is the cutest story I've ever heard. Out of the mouth of babes...wish we could keep them young forever!