Monday, June 2, 2008

The Truth (According to Me)

So, we have these friends who tell some great stories, if you want to know what I am talking about, click on the Davenport link. Now, the question is, when do we stop believing? I am a believer. I really am, but maybe that has to do with the fact that I like to tell the truth and don't THINK I tend to embellish stories. But all in all, studies have shown that the exact same thing can happen to two people and what one remembers compared to the other, can vary greatly. I don't think that makes one thing true and the other not. We all have been influenced by different things throughout our lives and different events are going to impact us differently. I may remember something better because it meant more to me than to someone else. So, when I recall that story, it will be different than what someone else remembers. The human mind really is an amazing thing. I just can't wait to get to heaven to replay the tapes. My husband and I have this ongoing thing about "the tapes". There have been very few times in our marriage that I have been wrong and my husband just can't wait to get to heaven to prove it to me (he will openly admit that I am seldom wrong, that is why he wants to rub it in). But then again, I can't wait to prove to him all the millions of times I was right, but I won't have to prove it, he already knows it.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh that made me chuckle abou the tapes. That reminds me of how you guys would tease me for exaggerating so much (like saying something took ten billion years to finish, etc.)BUT, at least it was better than dear sweet Sarah who would only exaggerate enough to make it sound slightly unreasonable (remember how we'd tease her and be like, "umm, are you exaggerating or is that really what it was??). . . at least one knows when I am embellishing!?!

P.S. Yes, I would be more than happy to have my baby on your precious day . . . I think I deserve an early one as all of my girls came late!

Kristin said...

I love it! Caiser and I do the same thing, he is always telling me "we'll just wait until we watch the video in heaven" to see who is right. However, I'm with you, I'm ALWAYS right, and he knows it! These silly boys think they're smarter than us.....so wrong!

Missed you Friday!! Next time, no choice, you're IN!

Stephanie Hatzenbuehler said...

It's not so much about truth or untruth. I just like the version that makes me laugh the hardest.

DeDee said...

As long as he knows...

Dave said...

So, you don't believe my stories. Seriously, the story is true, but the art is in the delivery. I love the word verification to leave a comment. Lose it.