Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Google Reader

Want to check out just updated blogs without having to go into every blog to see if there is a new post? I was somewhat of a doubter of this program at first, but it really does save time. It is called Google reader. You have to have a gmail account. Just log into your gmail account and at the top of the page there are some thumbnails for different options, just choose reader. Unfortunately, you do have to add all the url links, which is why it took me so long to do it, but it really works. I found that if I went in to where are all my links where anyway, under customize, that I could just copy and paste them. Then, google reader just tells you which blogs have new posts, you mark all as read and then you move on. Thanks Dave for the useful info.

4 comments:

Karly said...

I cannot believe you haven't been using this! I LOVE IT! THanks Dave

Nancy said...

I know, someone told me about this a little while ago and it makes keeping up on friend's blogs sooo much better. Before I felt like I wasted far too much time just trying to check for new posts so I often avoided it altogether, now I just click on reader once or twice a day and go straight to blogs with new stuff. I think I'm actually much better at commenting now because of the no wasting time!

Julie said...

This has saved me HOURS of time. Glad you discovered it also. It makes blogging so much more efficient.

Dave said...

Your welcome. Now let's work on word verification. This has been another tip from Dave for my lady friends. Your blog is awesome by the way. When is B's next quest? Very interested!