Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My Dancin' Queen



We had K2's dance recital on Saturday night. She was so excited...she got to wear make-up. Brett thought it was pretty scary that my 3 year old was wearing make-up. Having grown up with all brothers, he just didn't get much of the girl thing. I tried to explain to him that the lights wash faces out, but that didn't do much to ease his troubled mind. She keeps on asking me when she gets to wear it again. In 12 years sweetie!!! She was a flower and I must say she was pretty cute. I know she didn't do her full routine, but atleast she danced somewhat. I will have to try and get the footage on.

9 comments:

Julie said...

She looks so cute! Tucker had the same reaction when I put makeup on Halle for her dance recital. It's so much fun watching them dance!

Amanda said...

She looks so grown up! Her hair looks adorable! How cute...I miss those days - only I wasn't ever excited to wear make-up, I HATED it when my mom would put mascara on me, it made my eyes water, and I thought that I looked like a clown with all the blush. I would like to see some footage!

DeDee said...

She looks darling! I'm never a fan of the make-up either.

ashley said...

love it! love it! she looks darling - but my favorite part is how she looks like she owns it... she looks totally comfy walking around in full make-up and hair & posing in a tutu... I bet the recital was unforgettable! Wish we could have been there! In a blink or two, you'll be seasoned recital veterans and P will be accepting the bouquets with grace amid cheers and applause. We'll be looking for the footage!

Dave said...

Brett needs his own blog. Here are some options:
- pastywhitedude.blogspot.com
- iusedtobegoodinhighschool.blogspot.com
- iusedtobefastinhighschool.blogspot.com
- inowmowmyownlawn.blogspot.com
- callmethemanblogger.blogspot.com

He will need to check the availability of those blog addresses of course.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Dave, love all the potential names for my blog. However, these are a few of the potential problems I see. 1) Pastywhitedude Blog - Not original enough....There are millions of pasty white dudes out there. 2) Iusedtobegoodinhighschool - Could be taken the wrong way. 3) iusedtobefastinhighschool - No I wasn't 4) Inowmowmyownlawn- That could change at any time and then the name of my blog would be obsolete. 5) callmethemanblogger - I'm not sure I'm comfortable being called a man blogger, even if I am.

chris said...

So cute. Kyrie had her first recital at the same age and got to wear make up too. They really do need some on when they're up on stage. Why do you think she'll wait 12 more years though? I finally gave in and let Kyrie wear lipgloss and mascara in 7th grade. You may have waited longer but you were a total tom boy. K2 on the other had is a bit more princess.

Karly said...

Cute girl... I cannot WAIT until Miranda can take dance and be a ballerina!