Thursday, June 19, 2008

Tie for the Guy

Kid 2 brought home a paper tie for Father's Day on Sunday from church. Brett was laughing as he handed it to me to read.
The tie said:
The thing I like most about my daddy is that he: "Pops out from behind bushes and scares me".
I'm not quite sure what Brett has been up to lately, but he claims he isn't popping out from any bushes. I tried to ask her about it but she ignored me. Maybe some day I will understand.

8 comments:

Karly said...

I love it! Drew's was actually something like I love when you play football in the backyard with me but I am SURE he could've said something like that too!

Brooke said...

That's hilarious! I love what kids can come up with. Love reading your blog. I forgot that "Kid 1" and Brandon are the same age. We should send them golfing with Brett and Jaden and let our girls play. :)

J and J said...

I luv that spontanuity of K2. She sounds so fresh and loveable. I just want to give her a big hug. Luv Gm

chris said...

Kade and Jacob had a note for mother's day from church where they filled in the blanks. Kade's read something like this (he was mad at me that day)
My mom loves it when...she hurts me.
I love my mom when...I don't.
My moms favorite thing to do is...yell at me.
You get the idea. I wanted to keep it, but he ripped it up at some point later that day.

Nancy said...

That is so funny especially because from what I know of your husband, there is no use in him denying that he has jumped out from a bush now and then to scare his sweet little daughter. That is hilarious that she put that.

Staci said...

Can I tell you how much I lovee reading your posts..they are sooo funny and refreshing!! I hope that I have funny lids someday:)

J and J said...

I think Brett has probably jumped out from behind the plants in the hallway while playing hide and go seek and she calls them bushes. Hope you all have a great week end. Luv MOM

BS and the Kids said...

Mom,
That is so funny that you mentioned those bushes, I have never even thought about that before. So, maybe, my husband has jumped out from behind those, although I don't really recall.