"Dear Winner,
Congratulations! After reading thousands of letters from people coast to coast telling us why their neighborhood deserves a memorable ice cream block party this summer, we are delighted to announce that your Dryer's Slow Churned Neighborhood Salute contest entry has been selected as a grand-prize winner!
Now, it's time to spread the word to your neighbors and plan your summer block party!"
That's right. I won this on-line contest and I am so excited. Brett was making fun of me for even trying but it is going to be worth it!!! I get 12 cartons of ice cream and 4 boxes of ice cream bars all courtesy of Dryer's. I also get A Party in a Box that includes everything to have the party-invitations, marker, scoops, bowls, spoons, disposable camera...you get the drift.
I know all of you are wondering how I won. I am just an amazing writer, what can I say, after all, what keeps bringing you back to my blog (ha, ha)? NO, really, it was a writing contest as to why you think your neighborhood deserves a party. My neighborhood is awesome and my neighbors make it what it is so it was easy to write about. In return to winning, I must thank all my neighbors for giving me the desire to write, and as a result, we will celebrate in September by eating ICE CREAM.
9 comments:
That is so cool that you won. I really wish I was your neighbor...and not just because of the ice cream party! Sounds like it will be lots of fun. Eat some mint chocolate chip for me!
That is so funny and so cool that you won the Dreyers neighborhood party!! Now I am so curious about your wonderful neighbors and how on earth they could be good enough to win such a contest!! Woohoo! Way to go! (Please make some neighbors besides yourself show their gratitude by being in charge of scooping).
Who is the one who freakin' edited your entry? Gave you a few pointers, made you change a few things. You are welcome.
Brett,
That sounds just like a man - taking some of the credit. But I think that is awesome. I just don't know if 4 boxes of ice cream bars will be enough once the neighbors find out. You may have to add some more. Have fun planning the party and give your wife some help. Luv M
SHUT UP! Way cool!
YOU BETCHA I WILL BE THERE!!!!!!!!! Way to go! I entered that last year and they didn't love me at all! YOu go girl! Get some of that cake batter ice cream
Brett did edit one or two words, I can't believe he really tried to take credit. WE do get 12 cartons of ice cream plus 4 boxes of ice cream bars, so I think that should be enough, plus I get a few extra gift certificates in case I need more. It is going to be a party!!!
Can we come? Probably not, but it never hurts to ask.
First of all, I am so impressed with you. Second, Brett is a dork for even saying anything....you're the one who did it, so he needs to back off. And third, I love this neighborhood too, we did good when we moved here!
Brett,
Boy these blogs can be hard on a person. Just wanted to let you know we just have to give you a hard time because we love you so much. Don't want you to quit blogging because we enjoy your postings so much.
Post a Comment