Thursday, June 5, 2008
I'm no Rachael Ray
The other day I tried a new recipe out on the family. I am always a little hesistant to do so, but I found it on a local tv show and the girl who made it said it was yummy and her kids loved it. I figured it was worth a shot. Afterall, most kids seem to have similar taste. Let's just say it was a disaster with the husband and kids. I didn't think it was that bad. As I was watching my husband slowly and steadily try and finish the thing, with the kids watching his every move to see if they actually had to do the same thing, I was getting a little itchy. I couldn't figure out what was that bad, and besides, I had made a meal for them. Then I started to get offended, but I caught myself. Why should someone else's recipe that my family didn't like make me feel bad? It is a pain to go through the effort of making a meal that isn't scarfed down, but I must admit, they did eat most of it. I have to give props to my husband because he didn't complain once, he wouldn't even rate it for me (a not so winning Nelson tradition-his dad used to rate his mothers meals much to her chagrin and it didn't always go over to well) , and he finished it. I guess I should have known from the get go that it wasn't going to be a hit when the wee little one shoved her plate to the floor after taking one look at it. Better luck next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Of course now I'm so curious as to what this meal was! Mike keeps pretty quiet when he doesn't love a meal . . . but you can always tell just the same!
Bwhaahahaha. Too funny. You should get some Southern Living at Home cook books. You can't go wrong with their recipes.
Hey... at least you tried! I love trying new recipes even if they are flops. Nice of B though to finish it :)
hooray for the adventure - I'm glad you tried a new one. I think it's good for everyone! Better luck next time though - we'll have to swap some of our favorites sometime. love you guys!
NO, actually you are a Rachael Ray-
you try new things and you have some grat salads that everyone loves. I've made a few duds myself in my life time. Bret was cool in that he did not rate it and even ate it. I also want to know what was in it. I tried an apple soup that I saw Racheal give out - Dad liked it. It was somewhat different. Hope you have a good week. Luv MOM
That sounds like my cooking adventures! I hate cooking the same things over and over, but the new recipes I try usually aren't well accepted. At least we try, right! I'd be a happy person if all I had to make were desserts. They are SO much more fun to make and eat!
Hey, I'm tagging you. Go to my blog and see what you have to do. Have fun with it!
Post a Comment