Thursday, June 26, 2008

For Those Who Asked

It really isn't that great, but good enough for a PARTY!!!

'If you were a fly living in the * Neighborhood, you would quickly learn what makes this neighborhood so special. Going from house to house, wall to wall, you see the sorts of things going on that brought you here in the first place. Landing on the circle of * Way you might observe a movie being projected on the garage of the O'Very's as they host their annual back to school block party. Flying upward and onward, next you might come to the Bigler's house to see everyone pitch in laying sod so their kids will have a yard to play in. Soaring high above the streets, you will see a number of people out walking, but none getting very far because there are so many people out to stop and chat with. Then the smells of delicious food might lure you to the Jamieson's house, they just had a new baby, and the neighbors have brought in meal after meal to keep them fed for weeks. Afterall, there were only 16 babies born within one year, a small undertaking for the women of the neighborhood to provide meals for others. But the most amazing and surprising fact would be that this neighborhood has only been in existence for less than two years. It surprises you the way everyone has learned to show each other love, service and hospitality so quickly and willingly. There must be something special about this neighborhood especially since they have let you, the fly, be a part of it for so long. This is truly a neighborhood who looks out for each other, who cares for each other and who delight in the moments of getting to know each other. This is why the * neighborhood deserves an ice cream party. To give us one more reason to celebrate the joys of being neighbors.

7 comments:

Karly said...

OH MY GOSH! Love it! I actually got the chills reading it! I cannot wait! (I hope I am invited!)

Kristin said...

Glad you shared! I love it & give you all the credit, none to Brett who thinks he helped by editing! Can't wait to party!

ashley said...

love the fly... so creative! i think you should write more. :) i knew P's stories came from somewhere! she always cracks me up. i hope the party is a blast - it sure sounds like it will be with all those great people to join you. glad you had fun with your fam - it looks like your kiddos are in heaven! we're excited to see you soon!!!

Taylor and Melissa said...

Very cute! Makes it tempting to move west to be in such a great neighborhood. Congrats and enjoy the party!

Tori said...

I love it! You did a great job. Kristin told me that I had to read it. I am also adding you to our blog. I hope that is okay with you.

Nancy said...

What a great neighborhood and what a nice little tribute you up and wrote!

Asialene said...

Congratulations! :) That was very fun to read (more the second time though after I figured out what it was!). You are such a creative writer and thanks for reminding me of what a great neighborhood we have. Anyway, can I share it on my blog? I want to get the word out that the house in front of me will be FOR SALE very soon!!!!