Tuesday, April 22, 2008
My Sweetie of a Boy
My last few days have been consumed by what is going on with our friends. There little boy is up in the hospital undergoing some serious treatment and they have been having to deal with the effects of it. When I found out what he had, it tore me apart. Some told me I was lucky because I knew what was going on. I don't feel that way so much. In a way, it is nice because I know what they are talking about and what is good and what is bad. But, at the same time, I know what lies ahead, and I know it isn't easy. My little boy is torn as well. He asks about him first thing in the morning. He asks about him all the time. He reminds us before we say a prayer, to pray for him. He wants to know how long he will be sick for. It is difficult to explain things like this to a 5 year old. I have had to try and explain things to kids for years with work. It never gets easier. I know my little T man has such a tender heart, and I know this is why he cares so much. I have told him he needs to be a really good friend to his little friend, and I know he will. I just pray that things will go well for them and that the side effects of the medication will be minimized. Anything to make it easier on our dear friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
AMEN!!!!!
SO awful for that family. I can't imagine ANYTHING harder to deal with than something bad happeneing to my child and you never ever think it could be yours. I'm sure that is why this is so scary -- having it really be someone you know.
T-man is such a sweet boy. This is so sad and I'm sure it's extremely tough to have to explain all of this to him. And it's so true, nothing can scare you more than when it hits so close to home. So sad for that family. I'm sure they're very grateful for such supportive friends like you.
This is a perfect opportunity to thank you for choosing to be a nurse. :) It takes really special people to be able to do that. I still remember the faces of some of the nurses who cared for Makenna. I remember hugging the last one as we were leaving to go home. Thanks for all you do, Sarah!
We are very thankful for such supportive friends like you guys! Big T is a great friend and we can't wait for him to be able to come over and play again! We tell Jakers what Big T says every day on his blog. Thanks so much for all the support you guy's have given us. You have no idea how much it helps.
My heart goes out to your friends. We know how scary life can be with a sick child. We wish them the best.
Post a Comment