Apparently I have a few more lessons to teach Kid 2 after the following conversation took place this morning:
K2: Mom, where are we going?
Mom: To the grocery store.
K2: Can I get some princess breafkast?
Mom: You mean princess flakes?
K2: Yeah, I like em, they make my milk pink.
Mom: Well, only if they are on sale, do you know what it means to be on sale?
K2: It means Heavenly Father wants us to buy more.
I think if you asked my husband he would agree that I have the philosophy that if it is on sale, I must be able to get more of the item, and my children have taken on the same thought process. Looks like I have a few things to teach my kids about the value of money and hard work, and just because it is on sale, it doesn't necessarily make it a good deal. But, it still makes it so hard to pass up!!!
6 comments:
I love it!
That is so funny! I think I have been laboring under the same impression -- that is something is on sale, it means heavenly father wants me to buy lots of it.
Princess Flakes are delicious. Do your kids have names?
The Saw
I think that she gave a good enough reason.
Kids are funny! It's hard to pass up a good sale!
I buy certain cereals because it makes my milk pink... what does this say abou me? How fun!!
Post a Comment