The moment they put you into my arms, I knew you were mine, forever. You reminded me of your sister, yet had a look or your own. You were chubby, and squishy and new. You were a good baby and we learned about each other in those first few days. Your spastic, uncontrolled movements consistent with those of a newborns, quickly became controlled, purposeful movements, and you were determined from the beginning to move. But then again, you had to, to escape the nonstop bombardment from your siblings. But it was apparent in your look that you adored them. You had to see what they were doing, and had to laugh at their antics.
Which brings me to your smile and laugh. It is so contagious. I asked your big brother what he liked most about you and he told me-your laugh. It is so sweet and content. You love to flash so many others that smile of yours. I had a guy tell me in church he was excited we sat in front of him for the second week in a row because he loved to see you smile at everyone.
You are a busy little girl. I knew it from the time I tried to contain you on my bed with pillows and you managed to escape them at only 4 months. It has been a race to keep up with you since. You were one speedy crawler and have now turned into a drunken speedwalker sailor. It makes us all laugh to watch you amble about. You try to get going so fast, but more times than not, slide into first, safe as always. I am sure you learned to be so fast so you could escape the unrelenting grasp of your big sister.
You are a charmer and a sweetheart. I love how your big brother refers to you as his "little sweetheart". He sees you and says, "Hi sweetheart" without fail, he calls, "Come here sweetheart", and you come. But the problem is, you have melted all of our hearts and have learned to be all of our sweethearts. Your heart is tender and you have a concern for others. It makes you upset to see others cry and you always want to reach out to them and give them a hug. It is amazing that at a year, I can see such characteristics in you already.
We have been through a lot together. You have defnitely been my most challenging baby, but have taught me that with patience and understanding I will and can endure. I can't believe that you, my baby, are already a year old. You have brought such joy and happiness into my life. You have touched us with your sweet spirit and have blessed us with your presence. To the years to come. . .much love, your Mom.
4 comments:
What a sweet letter to your baby girl! She is such a cute little girl, can't believe she's one already! I love her birthday cake...so cute!
Wow, one already, you & B better get busy working on #4
So cute. She's a baldy like Eva!
Wow...that went fast! I can't believe how much she's grown!
Post a Comment