Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Creative Hair-Do

Yesterday I decided I needed to attempt to do something with my daughters pitiful, thin, short hair. She seldom lets me do it and I have resorted to blowdrying it with a round brush to give her a cute little "page boy" hair do. We were headed down to the Jazz Practice Facility for the NCAA Championship game and I decided she needed a little help. This is what I came up with, although, it wasn't my creation obviously. I have never done it before, I could have used a little help, but she loved it. I truly am a novice when it comes to doing hair, but with 2 girls, I should learn at some point. I guess it would help if they actually had hair and weren't bald for the first few years of life. Until then, things like this will have to do.


9 comments:

Julie said...

Way to go...it looks really cute. I just recently came across this great blog Hair Today She gives instructions on how to do different hair do's for little girls, with pictures. It's great! Check it out.

Amanda said...

It looks so cute! Good work! I love doing little girl's hair! It's my favorite thing to do at work. I have 3 little girls in my class with gorgeous naturally curly hair and it's so fun and so easy to do - if only I had a little of that in my genes to have hope for my children. I know Dan did when he was little, so maybe my kids will too??

The Christensens said...

Paigie looks so grown up with her hair like that! I love it. It makes her look like she has more hair too. You're such a good mom!

D-Man said...

You didn't invite us to the game? Oh well...I'll get over it.

BS and the Kids said...

Sorry Dan, it was such a last minute thing, we got notice at 4:00, I thought about calling you, but then figured your wife had class. I guess I should have gone with my instinct, we'll catch you next time.
She does look so grown up. I thought it did make her look like she had more hair although she has all the little baby hairs around her face still.

DeDee said...

It turned out cute! I am no good at doing hair (curly hair does itself). Maybe that's why Zoe wants to do her own!

Nancy said...

Ohh I'm so jealous!! That is so darling. i seriously can not do hair! I barely can do a kind-of sloppy pony tail! How sad for my three girls!! Maybe Daisy will just have to learn and then do all her sister's hair for me?

Stephanie Hatzenbuehler said...

SO CUTE!

Rebecca said...

Way cute! I'm usually running a little behind, so my girls just get the basics. It's always fun when they let you do something cute!