In the last 3 weeks I would have to say that we have gotten over 40 inches of snow at our house. I don't remember a winter quite like this since I lived in Idaho. Everyone here seems to think they have winters bad, and they do. Because it gets warm after every time it snows and then it gets all mushy and smushy and sloshy and yucky. I prefer it to stay cold, so the snow just stays and you don't have to worry about drenching the guy on the bus stop corner as you drive by. I don't think we have shoveled this much snow, EVER. We got hit pretty hard on Sunday and even got sent home from church. By the time we got home an hour later, there were 6 more inches of snow in our driveway. No one else except those on the south end of the valley got snow, PERIOD. I keep hearing it must be "The Lake Effect". It sounds like a good scapegoat for most things, so that is what I am going to start blaming everything on. When I am moody, it must be "The Lake Effect", when my kids are whiney, it must be "The Lake Effect", and when we are all just plain onery, it must be "The Lake Effect". It is a good thing it really does exist, otherwise, I wouldn't have a thing to blame.
8 comments:
It's crazy how much more snow you guys got on Sunday...we only had a couple inches. I'm so sick of it!!
Ahh, and I'm complaining because it only 50 degrees when I have to take the kids to school in the mornings. The pics remind me of when Kyrie was little and we lived in Dad's duplex. We used to get the biggest drifts across our driveway and yard. The snow would be taller than her. Great exercise shoveling though. Why don't you get a snow blower?
OH MY GOSH!!!! I cannot believe how much snow we got! I am sorry you keep getting stuck in your driveway!! :)
ps... i AM SO USING THAT EXCUSE
I feel your pain... Six months of winter can get to a person kind of like 40+ inches of snow can!
Hey there guys, this is Chris Ulrich, just wanted to stop bye and say hi, my little bro told me that you had a blog, and uumm, yeah I think that Brett deserves a snow blower!
Sar, I am still new to this crazy blogging business - I only recently realized you can comment (Hello?. I loved blaiming the "lake effect" for everything. I think I'll start using that (does it work 780 miles away??)
Nancy
Post a Comment