Sunday, February 10, 2008
Tu Be or not Tu Be?
Ok, lame title. I will admit it. But that is the question, isn't it? I have decided to hold off on getting tubes for my little one. She has been off her antibiotics for a week now, and other than pulling at her right ear, has no other signs of an ear infection. I went to the ENT, and of course, he thought she could use them. She had fluid on her right ear, which is the ear that is normally clear, so I am hoping it will clear up. I was ecstatic to hear that her left ear was clear. It gives me hope that she has the ability to remain infection free, and I am hoping to get to fluid free. I thought I would wait until this summer, and if she still has recurrent otitis media, then I will pursue the course of appropriate action-tubes. But until then, the question remains, to be or not to be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh, poor little one. It makes my heart break thinking about her. Is she sleeping better? By the way, love love love the title.
good choice!!! Are you using the kid immune?
Zak got tubes last year. He didn't have any ear infections but had so much fluid in both ears that he couldn't hear very well. That in turn delayed his speech. He was getting so frustrated because people couldn't understand him. The surgery was a breeze and we saw an immediate improvement in his speech. I don't know if speech is a concern but we had a good experience with the tubes. They weren't as hard to care for as I thought they would be. As a side note, my sister has taken her kids off of dairy milk to see if that will clear up their ear infections. I checked into it on the internet and there seems to be soemthing to it?
I know, that is my concern. I worry about her hearing and development. I may need to research a few more options as far as what may work to clear it up. We are trying to get through this season to see if she will outgrow them, meaning her tubes get a little bigger to drain the fluid. I am trying the herbal Kid-e-munne. It is a immune stimulant, ecchinacea or something. I should try a few more things. Now that you say that, I wasn't on dairy for the first 4-5 months of feeding her because it seemed to upset her tummy and she didn't start getting them until after that. I do need to see what else is out there. Thanks for the thoughts.
Post a Comment