Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Case of the Missing Camera

The other day I was frantic. I had remembered before my trip to St. George that I hadn't seen the camera for a few days and that I wanted to take it with me. I forgot. But then, when I got home, I had that sudden urge to figure out where it was. With Kid 3 hot on my heels, and the other kids fighting and screaming, my franticness soon turned to complete pandemonium. I just couldn't find it in the normal places I usually put it. Then I got that feeling in the pit of my stomach. You know the one. I was convinced that some of the workers who have been coming to our house to fix a few things had taken it. I felt bad for jumping to such hasty conclusions, but where else could it be? My brand new camera had disappeared. My husband had convinced me when we were getting it for my birthday to get the smaller one so I could take it places easier. I was quickly learning that this estute plan had backfired on me. Then, in walks my husband. By chance, I happened to ask him if he had seen it. He NEVER knows where things are. NEVER. And just so ever, nonchalantly he replies, Oh yeah, it is on top of the fridge. Mystery solved. Case closed. But still, I have to wonder, who put it on top of the FRIDGE? What a strange place to put a camera.

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Interestingly enough, the top of the fridge is always where my parent's keep their camera. I laughed so hard at your comments to my "tagged" blog. Yes, even now, who knows where exactly my epi-pen is . . . never with me at a restaurant of someplace that I might actually accidentally eat the frightening nut!! Also, I'm glad you explained your "comment deleted by author". I didn't even know what that meant. I thought it meant the author of the blog deleted it (you know like if someone wrote some creepy response) and I was like, "huh? I never deleted anything" Now I get it . . . you had just used a bunch of swear words in your comment and then thought better of it :)

BS and the Kids said...

I realize it isn't the "strangest" place and I am sure it got placed there to help keep it out of the hands of some little ones. So, so, so sad that you don't know where your epi-pen is. One of these days. . .

Debbie said...

That very same thing has happened to me and who knew, Richard saves the day! I'm glad you found your camera!

chris said...

Mine is always on the fridge as that is the one place I know the kids can't reach. Shame on you for jumping to the worst conclusion first hahaha JK I always think the worst first for some reason. Do you think dad did that to us?

BS and the Kids said...

My friends always say I think the worst, but it is always health related so I used to think it was from my background as a nurse. . .who knew, maybe it was dad.

Julie said...

I swear things in my house grow legs all the time and find a new place to live within our house. Glad you found it!