



Work has been slow. Meaning: Less sick kids in the Intensive Care Unit. This is a good thing but it makes for a difficult situation. I am losing hours that I need, but saying that makes it sound like I want more kids to be sick, which is no way the case. We expanded our unit, and in preparation for doing so, we hired a few nurses, and then hired a few more. We have been overstaffed for the last couple of months which means I am being put on call about once a month. It is a nice break, and because of that, I got to go to the pumpkin patch with Princess's preschool. If you ever want some comic relief, go on a field trip with a preschool. It is quite entertaining to watch personalities come out and then watch the teacher's try to contain those personalities. Needless to say, there were a few tantrums, a few refusals, and a few flat out ignorance's. Bless the souls of the teachers.
Pumpkin picking was a long process for the kids. The little one knew exactly what she wanted and it took a while to find it. She was intent on picking a small pumpkin, and did just that. She found the two smallest pumpkins (not pictured) she could and then decided one was for her daddy. So sweet. And then we were off.
I failed as a single parent this year and didn't get any pumpkins carved. Good thing my sister-in-law is crafty and made milk carton witches and monsters with them to hold them over.
No comments:
Post a Comment