Sunday, November 2, 2008
It Brought the House DOWN
My cute little family has been hit by a tsunami in the last 24 hours. I don't know what happened, but it started with the little one and ripped through the rest of us like watching the wave of a crowd at a football game (that one is for all of you fans out there). I keep thinking we are through the worst of it, how bad could it really get, but only time will tell. Let's just say my night consisted of tossing and turning until 2 in the morning, getting up and watching Cinderella with my 18 mo old only to empty my stomach by retching it into the sink. Sorry if that is too much information. I had gotten about 1 hour of peaceful sleep when my 3 year old came in and told us she had thrown up on her self. Then my 5 year old came in and said he was "freezing". We all made it back to sleep for a few hours. I have managed to sleep most of the day, eaten very little, and have had aches and pains I didn't know were possible. Five loads of laundry later, I think I will need a week to catch up on the whirlwind that has hit our house. I will work on some cute Halloween pictures soon. Brett seems to be alright, thus far. He complains of occassional nausea and pain, but if that is all he has, he is far better off than the rest of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
My last horrible bout (knock on wood) was in '01 when I was pregnant with Jake. Imagine sitting on the toilet, hanging your head over into the bathtub and not being able to control either end. Nice visual. Sorry you are all suffering. My the gods look upon Bret favorably so that he continues to avoid the plague. It's times like these when having a mommy close by would come in handy.
OH I am so so sorry for you Sar!! i really really think there is little worse than a load of sick kids (and adding yourself in certainly does not help!!!). Especially throw up . . . isn't misery bad enough with out cleaning up sheets and floors and smelling awful stuff!! I am so scared that it is coming our way. So many people seem to be getting sick so early this year and of course none of us have gotten our flu shots yet!!! HELP!! I guess better now than when new baby comes, but I'd really really prefer not at all!!!! Oh that is the trouble with having a couple klids -- when one gets sick, you know you are in for it with all of them!! Again, so so sorry!!
Sorry to hear that! The only thing worse than sick kids is when you are sick with them.
P.S. Don't bring it to Book Club....thanks! :)
Oh man that's no fun! I hope you all get better soon!
Funny that you you blogged about this so soon after it happened. Don't you have anything better to do?
The sad thing is we all have had flu shots or the flu mist!!! Go figure. Anyway, I blogged about it so quickly because I needed something to do after being cooped up all day, sleeping, and just not feeling well. I finally was feeling a little bit better.
You should know as a nurse that the "flu" stomach bug has nothing to do with the respiratory flu. Hope your family feels better.
I do know that, I try to explain that to people all of the time. I was just saying we have gotten our shots.
I never said we had the flu...just something very very nasty.
Okay you two, BS & Bowb, stop the sibling bickering or I'm going to have to separate you.
I was just telling another friend that I think moms should be immune from any type of stomach bug. It's bad enough tohave to take care of sick kids and clean up!
Post a Comment