Friday, November 7, 2008

The Link

Here is the answer to all of your questions as to why people are going private:
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=4699330

7 comments:

Nancy said...

I saw this when it was on the news the other night. It was nothing new, yet it brought up again my recurring Q as to whether or not it is safe to put us out there in cyberspace. I never use our last name and try not to give away where we live. I've set mine so you can't find it on google or "next blog." Still, there are simply a lot of weirdo-s out there and the only way to be sure you are safe is to close your blog!! It is so frustrating to me though because one of the most enjoyable things about blogging for me has been connecting with old friends, friends of siblings, etc. who have connected to me off of another friend's. It makes me sad to lose that and sad that half of my own family can't even figure out the super simple step of getting a google account, so even thye wouldn't be reading it. Sigh. Sigh. What's to be done. Maybe I'll just close the whole dang thing out altogether!

Karly said...

Amen Sista!

Becky said...

Sarah, are you going to make your blog private? It is a tough decision...

Dave said...

"Fear is of the devil" I got that from a conference talk. Seriously, are you kidding? Are you afraid that your picture might get posted somewhere else on the web? That's the least of my worries. Also, in that article you posted, it was a close family member that put the Hitler picture on the web. How will being private help that?

This common sense wisdom provide by:

Dave

Dave said...

Don't delete my last post either. I notice that you moderate comments.

Sincerely,

Dave

Kristine Watterson said...

It is a sad, crazy world, to have to be so hyper careful!

Chris said...

You mean Brett is not reading the Twilight series!?! He needs to get with the program ASAP!