Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Vegetarian in the Making

My little one this weekend discovered that ground beef and "poo-poo" look quite a bit a like. I was trying to feed her a taco, and every time I would get it close to her mouth and she would eye it, she would pull away, shake her head and say "poo-poo, poo-poo". Then, she would precede to shake her hands by her nose and say "yucky" (just like we do when we change her bum). I thought this was a short lived, one day thing, but tonight, I tried again. Tonight for dinner we had taco pie with beans and meat, and the same thing, when she went to have a bite: "poo-poo". I don't know if she is going to be the vegetarian, or if I am after all the images she is helping to produce in my mind.

8 comments:

globaljunkie said...

maybe it's your cooking.....

chris said...

I've been chuckling off and on about this since last night. Don't know what to tell you other than trick her somehow. Get her attention aimed at something else and stick a spoonful in? What poop has she been looking at to make the correlation?

Heidi said...

Nice. Don't think I will ever be able to look at ground beef the same way again!

Karly said...

Thanks for the visual!

DeDee said...

Could be worse...she could like "poo poo" and eat both kinds!

J and J said...

Where are you on a work break. Luv M

Kristine Watterson said...

Avery went through a phase like that, but wouldn't eat it because it was dead! Was it more appealing alive? Who knows!

Sarah said...

Oh how funny! Hope you don't mind, but I found your blog from Kristine's. How are you guys!?! Hope all is going well.