Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Maddening, Circling Dilemma to Cookie Monster

My little princess is into the inquisitive phase of life. I laugh at some of the questions she asks, and am even more baffled by some of the creativity of others. Her favorite question to ask is why things are named what they are, or why we named her or her siblings what we named them. She has told me on a number of occasions that she would have rather been named "Ariel".
I recently overheard the following conversation between her and her daddy. Come on Brett. Cut the kid some slack.

P: Why is Cookie Monster named Cookie Monster?
Brett: Because he likes to eat cookies.
P: Why does he like to eat cookies?
Brett: Because his name is Cookie Monster.
P: Why is his name Cookie Monster?
Brett: Because he likes to eat cookies.

And on and on and on until I had to tell Brett to stick a fork in it.

2 comments:

chris said...

Ask her to ask daddy why Cookie Monster is blue and into eating healthy things like spaghetti now that it is PC. I saw about 5 minutes of the Street yesterday and WOW has it changed in the past couple of years. A new monster named Murray and clay anime Bert and Ernie. Do they still end with Elmo's World?

BS and the Kids said...

You know more than me. We don't really watch it. They are just on diapers, so I think that is why she thought of it. Really, she comes up with some pretty random things. I think they still have Elmo's World. Everyone loves Elmo.