Friday, October 24, 2008

A Hiatus for Whatever Reason

I have been asked a few times where I have been...I wish I could say somewhere fun. It is just that I am in the groove of life and haven't had much time to sit down and write. Somewhere between being a mom of 3 and a wife, balancing 2 other small jobs (and I do mean small), callings, and life, I haven't had time to sit and think. It really is all that is needed sometimes. That time to think about things. Politics seems to be swirling around so much lately, that I haven't had the time to think about the other things. But I have had time to think about this: being in the world, but not of the world. It is an old age adage, one you here frequently. I don't know why I keep thinking about it but it can be a hard balance at times. And so I think. And the thing that surrounds that think, it something I want to be. Be a gentler, kinder, more loving person. I know there is always room for more of that.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

What a great thought, thanks.

Dave said...

Obama is my Homie.

Kristine Watterson said...

The presidential race is insane, this time! It is hard to be in this world and not of it... I hear you.

Rebecca said...

I've been thinking a lot about this too. It's a hard balance, but is made a little easier by good friends, examples, and going back to the basics that ground us. Thanks for the post. :)