Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Trouble with Being Bored

My husband keeps complaining about how bored he is. He isn't used to the everyday, mundane tasks that I have to do to keep the house running. I just don't understand how he can be that bored. In the week that he has been off, he has managed to go to Midway and go golfing, play, and play some more. One day alone consisted of 2 movies, swimming, hanging out with friends. The day that followed was just as packed with a bbq, badmitton, and a little Tiger Woods Golf on the PS2. And today, golf followed by a camping trip. He even has managed to do a little yard work, clean out the garage and the basement. I don't know what he thinks "bored" is, but apparently we have different ideas. He definitely is a play now, work later kind of guy, and I definitely am a work now, play later kind of girl. It must make him bored to watch me. Oh well. Maybe I will just have to make my honey do list a little longer. Then he won't think to complain again. We might even have to throw the rematch in there to help him realize that his life is exciting.

9 comments:

J and J said...

Boy, you must have been sitting there typing while I was looking, just 10 minutes earlier there was not a post. Hope you are enjoying your week off. We must run, have to go teach English. Have fun with the bores guy. We luv you all m

Nancy said...

SO funny. What oh what will happen when he retires!? I guess knowing you guys you'll overcome boredom by traveling. BUT, you should tell your husband that "bored" is not a word we allow in our house. When my kids complain they are bored it makes me crazy.

chris said...

bawhahaha I'm going through the exact same thing with Wade, the work-aholic who is so used to putting in 15-17 hours a day, seven days a week, that when he comes home at 5ish every day he doesn't know what to do with himself. I hear the same thing everyday. "I am sooo bored. I need to be doing something." He'll take the boys swimming almost daily, but we really need to get into a house so he has somewhere to focus his energy besides the TV. Let's hope this contract and this home comes through.

Karly said...

Wouldn't it suck to be starting a new job and get called into the Elders Quorum presidency all in the same week? Oh wait.. it happened to Mr. B! HE HE! Good luck with all your new endevors.

Dave said...

He has such a cush life!

chris said...

Was B put in the elder's quorum prez too? Wade was set apart last week. I don't think he's had to do anything yet, but I'm sure they'll keep him busy.

BS and the Kids said...

The funny thing about the whole thing is that Brett isn't a work-a-holic!!! He did get put into the Elder's Quorum, he is 1st counselor. He just got set apart and they are getting things up and going. Tell Wade he will just have to find things to keep him busy with his new calling. Things aren't always apparent and he will need to get out on visits so everyone will know him and vice versa.

Anonymous said...

Just look at the title of our family's blog that my sweet heroic wife has chosen. BS and the kids, the ins and outs of a BORING family. But yes, I am ready to go back to work. Then maybe I will feel useful. I had daughter 2 ask me this morning why mommy was working a shift this week. Was it because Daddy wasn't making enough? I had to come clean and tell her that this week I was making zippo.

Dave and Tara said...

I have the same issues at my house "occasionally" The psp and ping pong have been used ALOT lately.