Thursday, March 6, 2008
Refinished
I can't believe we have been in our house for over a year!!! Time sure does fly. So, the company we bought our house from has a one year warranty on little home repairs. In January, I made a bunch of requests for things to get fixed. This has required me to sit at home from an allotted amount of time a number of mornings until the repair person arrives. My favorite is "Can we come around 8 am to 12 pm?". I usually have nothing better to do with my time than to wait, and then to wait some more when they are late. The best thing that we got them to do was refinish our floors!!! I was so excited to have them refinished because I really thought they did a horrible job the first time. The floors seemed to scratch really easily and then once they scratched you could flake off the finish. I didn't try this very often, but this is what finally got them to agree to refinish them. Not to mention the number of dents we have managed to create over the last year. Anyway, it was the messiest project ever. I came home Saturday and dusted, dusted some more, and dusted some more. We had to be out of our home 2 whole, not consecutive days, which really made the kids all messed up. Life is finally getting back to our routine. My floors look a lot better, and don't seem to scratch as easily. I hope we don't have to do it again anytime soon, because I already have done my spring cleaning for the year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
oh man! Good ol' Bart at it again... Of course it takes FoReVeR!
You've been there over a year already? That's insane! Time really does fly by. And what did you mean on my blog when you said you like the new like btw? Doesn't that stand for "by the way...?" I'm so confused.
It was worth the hassle and mess...they look so great!
Post a Comment