I have to admit that the Easter Bunny didn't come to my house growing up. I have asked my mom about it a few times and she said every now and then he brought a basket or something, but I don't remember it. I can remember dyeing eggs and hiding them ourselves throughout the house and then trying to find them. I am pretty sure a few times we found a random egg months later hidden remotely behind some book or decoration. I don't remember ever using kits, I think we would make our own with food coloring and vinegar. Having said this, I don't know what the Easter Bunny is supposed to do. This year he was a little late. The weekend started with the city Easter egg hunt. It was very crowded and fun. They had age divisions for 2 and under and then 3-5, etc. I took Kid 3 to the 2 and under and sat her there and let her try to figure out what she was supposed to do. I was shocked to see other kids make out of there with baskets overflowing. Yeah right. It makes me laugh to watch parents, I mean the kids, fly through the hunt so quickly and aptly. The next day we headed to church and after I was trying to get some pictures of the kids in their Easter clothes. Being the mean mom I am, I quickly hurt Kid 1's little heart and had a hard time getting him to smile after I asked him to stop moving. We then dyed some eggs after we all took a much needed nap. All this time the kids kept on asking when the Easter Bunny was coming. They had it in their head that little bunny footprints would mark the way to the eggs or basket or whatever they were hoping for. We then went to grandma and grandpa's and participated in yet another Easter egg hung, but this time the adults could join in. We escaped with a few movies and some gift certificates to a few of our favorite restaurants. This is my type of hunt. Since we didn't get home until late we decided that the Easter bunny would have to come in the morning. I was a whole day late!!!! Then, to top it all off, we didn't even hide our eggs until the next night, somehow mysteriously while I was cleaning up dinner, the Easter bunny snuck upstairs to hide the eggs. The kids were excited he finally found our house. And I decided I either need to learn how to do Easter right, or just not do it at all.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
The Bunny that Kept On Hopping
I have to admit that the Easter Bunny didn't come to my house growing up. I have asked my mom about it a few times and she said every now and then he brought a basket or something, but I don't remember it. I can remember dyeing eggs and hiding them ourselves throughout the house and then trying to find them. I am pretty sure a few times we found a random egg months later hidden remotely behind some book or decoration. I don't remember ever using kits, I think we would make our own with food coloring and vinegar. Having said this, I don't know what the Easter Bunny is supposed to do. This year he was a little late. The weekend started with the city Easter egg hunt. It was very crowded and fun. They had age divisions for 2 and under and then 3-5, etc. I took Kid 3 to the 2 and under and sat her there and let her try to figure out what she was supposed to do. I was shocked to see other kids make out of there with baskets overflowing. Yeah right. It makes me laugh to watch parents, I mean the kids, fly through the hunt so quickly and aptly. The next day we headed to church and after I was trying to get some pictures of the kids in their Easter clothes. Being the mean mom I am, I quickly hurt Kid 1's little heart and had a hard time getting him to smile after I asked him to stop moving. We then dyed some eggs after we all took a much needed nap. All this time the kids kept on asking when the Easter Bunny was coming. They had it in their head that little bunny footprints would mark the way to the eggs or basket or whatever they were hoping for. We then went to grandma and grandpa's and participated in yet another Easter egg hung, but this time the adults could join in. We escaped with a few movies and some gift certificates to a few of our favorite restaurants. This is my type of hunt. Since we didn't get home until late we decided that the Easter bunny would have to come in the morning. I was a whole day late!!!! Then, to top it all off, we didn't even hide our eggs until the next night, somehow mysteriously while I was cleaning up dinner, the Easter bunny snuck upstairs to hide the eggs. The kids were excited he finally found our house. And I decided I either need to learn how to do Easter right, or just not do it at all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Your easter bunny is nice! That would be fun to do it over two days. I will have to ask our bunny if we can do this next year. It's too hard to shove it into one day!
I miss the Easter Bunny - I wish he still came to my house to bring me a new Easter dress! I LOVE those dresses, you just don't see orange very often, they look so cute! And Tanner looks about 3 years older to me in the picture with him and the two girls...maybe I'm seeing things!
Funny...our Tooth Fairy has run late by a day or two as well. They're just so busy!
Love the orange dresses! They will look so cute at the wedding- I might get jealous:-)
Post a Comment