Friday, March 28, 2008
The Rat that was NOT a Cat.
As we left yesterday morning to head off to Kid 3's surgery at 5:30 in the morning, my husband saw something moving in the gutter in front of our house. After pointing it out and both of us making an assessment we decided it was a RAT. A HUGE UGLY HAIRY RAT. We were both so shocked that we even turned the car around to find the little creature again and see where it was heading. It just hung out in the gutter and wasn't very afraid of us. I told a few people in the neighborhood and they weren't so convinced and kept asking me if was a cat. Unless cats have a long skinny hairless tail, it definitely was a RAT. I didn't know we had them here in Utah like that, not to mention in my own front yard. I am only disappointed in the fact that I didn't get a picture, but then again, maybe not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Thanks for not posting a picture! :)
This is so cool how we both keep coming across spooky critters lately. I wonder if it could have been a muskrat. I saw some at this duckpond once and almost threw up because it grossed me out looking at such a huge rat. Then someone told me they were muskrats. I don't know if it matters -- they both have the word rat and they both look yuck.
P.S. Another yucky looking thing are the possums I see up here -- of course I've never seen them live, only squished dead on the side of the road, so perhaps that influences why I think of them as so gross. They do have those hairless tails though. Blech.
Hahaha. At least it didn't move into your home two weeks before the walk through and sale of said home, so you put out poison hoping it will die somewhere else, but NOOOO, it dies in the ceiling somewhere and you have to finally watch a fly repeatedly landing on the same spot on the ceiling to take a wild guess that that might be where the nasty carcass is. Husband cuts a hole, finds the nest with little (well, little for a rat) babies, and has to cute two more holes to find the dead momma. I actually saw a rat out in the alley here a few weeks ago in the morning on the way to get Kyrie from seminary. At first I thought it was a cat too because it was so big, but cats don't move like it did. Did you ever see how our ferrets would run? Think of that. And as for Nancy's opossum story, imagine having one move into your garage and well, we won't mention on here how we got rid of it in case some crazed PETA member is lurking on your blog
I was just making sure it wasn't a cat! :)
Gross... that is the one animal I never feel bad for. Cafe Rio salads huh?! That's a GREAT idea!
Sorry, but that is gross. Let's just hope they don't make their way INside.
Post a Comment