Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Negative Power of "No"

I have an 11 month old who can throw a tantrum like no other. She flails herself on the floor and starts rolling around and can cover the whole floor of a room in about 3 seconds flat. It makes me laugh every time. But the amazing thing is, it is most often when I tell her "NO" or take something away from her. I have been thinking about the belief of Scientologists of not telling others "NO" because of the negative energy it creates. I have to agree. The demeanor of my little girl changes so quickly when she is told no. I understand that TomKat do this with Suri. I don't understand how, and it scares me a little to think of what kind of girl she might become, but they must have some way of diverting attention or behavior without just giving in every time. I wish I could find some way when my girl is trying to stick her finger in the light socket to not create "negative energy" but even telling her "danger" sends her into one of her fits. She really is tenderhearted. So, I guess I am open to suggestions of ways to avoid creating negative energy while not spoiling my children in the process.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Hmmm, I know what you mean, it seems like Goldie was always so completely upset by a "no" . . . then again, a finger in a light socket could produce some pretty "negative energy" anyway, so. . . back to hmmmm

Nancy said...

P.S. I had another friend who did this comment moderation thing. What's it all about? Have you gotten creepy comments that you want to double check??

BS and the Kids said...

So, I had some weird comment left and I have never done the whole spam typing letters or moderation because I thought it would never happen to me, but I wasn't sure who it was or what it was all about. It had links on it so I decided to just moderate my comments to be safe. It emails me the comment and I have to approve it before I let it be published or I can even "moderate" it.

Stephanie Hatzenbuehler said...

Sneaky diversion is the only thing that works with Eva.

I used to get those spam virus comments. Usually you can fix it by enabling word verification. I've never had to use comment moderation. You'll have to tell me if it works.