Wednesday, March 19, 2008
The Flylady
I have faced the daunting task of getting my house back into shape after a trip. It really is one of the most painful experiences I have had to face. I am sure many can relate. I was in my closet today and thinking of how I needed to get rid of so many things. I am one of those who holds on to "that shirt" just in case I need it that ONE DAY that never comes around. I decided to get rid of a few things, but not all (obviously, no one would want to see the results of an empty closet from me). As I was doing this, I realized how I am in the mood for some good old fashioned spring cleaning. But, I have a hard time doing any of this and keeping up on just my regular cleaning. Some day, maybe someday. My sister has sworn for years by The Flylady and I have peeked at the website before http://www.theflylady.com. But, it really looked overwhelming for just tackling some basic organizing and cleaning tasks. I decided to take a look at it after our visit to Cali and talking with my sister about it again. Still looks overwhelming - especially since the site informed me I could expect about 10 emails a day, which is scaled back from before-yikes. Some of the testimonials swear by it and some of it is things I already do. Afterall, if I can have my cleaning made easier, why not?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I tried Flylady for a while and it does help to have little reminders and tasks to keep you on top of things. The emails did get a bit overwhelming, but I've also considered starting up again with it. My house needs a good cleaning system again. Let me know what you think.
I agree with Julie...some good ideas on Flylady. I think the thing I like the most about it is the timer thing--setting aside a small amount of time and get as much done as you can and then stop and go on with your day. And I REALLY need to "police" my "hot spots" or whatever they're called. I have piles everywhere. :) Good luck!
I think the site is actually flylady.net unless they changed it. The 5 minute clean up is a great way to get started
Yeah, flylady.com takes you to flylady.net. I should have changed it.
Post a Comment