Monday, September 17, 2007

The Big Moment

Kid 1 started his second season of soccer on Saturday, his first being in the spring. I don't know if he grew a ton over the summer, or if the rest of the kids are just that much younger, but he looked huge compared to the others. Then there was the total domination that he had. I really don't want to sound like I am bragging, but that is exactly what it was. He played the half of each half and had 8 goals. It was pretty embarrassing. Every time the ball was kicked off it would be in the middle of a pack and he would emerge with it and go and score a goal. After the 2nd goal, we tried to tell him he needed to pass. Hard concept for a 4 year old. It was fun to watch one kid get so excited after he kicked the ball once and throw his arms up in triumph, and then stop. It wasn't until about goal 7 that the coach finally told him to pass the ball, thanks coach, we needed some help in the listening department. I went and stood down by the goal and every time he got down there, yelled at him to pass. And then we had the big moment. The one where I was so proud. He passed the ball right down by the goal and the other kid kicked it in and scored. After that, every time he could of scored, he tried to pass the ball. It didn't always work, but at least he wasn't scoring. I don't even know the final score of the game, but I do know the other team had at least one goal. It didn't matter that it was a wide open shot and our coach told the kid to kick it in the goal and he picked it up and threw it in. At least it wasn't a shut out.

3 comments:

Spencer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Spencer said...

T-bone must have come a long way! Congrats on the 8 goals!

Anonymous said...

bawahahahaha
sounds like another chet in the making. . .maybe it's just the competative lackey gene showing