Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The Passing of a Truly Great Man

I just found out that the director of the BYU Jerusalem Center when I studied there passed away after a battle with Leukemia. He was one of those quiet, awe-inspiring sort of men. He would look each student in their eyes, and touch them in their hearts. He was one spiritual giant, inspiring and inspired, beloved, kind, gentle, and truly caring. This day has been spent in reflection. Remembering the days I had the chance to walk the streets with him, in both of our favorite city-Jerusalem. It has brought many fond memories, ones that only now hold that much more meaning. Odd how it just so happens to be the 10 year anniversary mark for our study abroad. Death always brings to pass the thoughts of just what our own lives will be remembered for. . . http://www.legacy.com/DeseretNews/Obituaries.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=93878534

No comments: