Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Going Pro Vs. Water Boy

My husband has two great dreams in life. I often wonder if I should indulge him in either one of them. His first dream is to quit his job and go pro in golf. He would take lessons for a year before attempting to enter the PGA. It isn't that I don't think he is good enough to do it, because he is a pretty good golfer without the extensive training that some have, it is just that I think he missed it by a few years. I don't know how it would work with 3 kids and their mothers expensive taste. He tells me that if he were able to make the tour, he would make atleast $100,000 just for some of the tournaments he would enter into. Hey, I could make that work, but there is always the question: what if? We went to St. George this weekend and he shot some decent scores (76,79). Not bad, but he still doesn't hold the Nelson Belt, his dad beat him out with a tie (goes to the winner of the last day of the challenge). His second dream in life is to be the water boy at a restaurant. Go figure. He wants to do it just for fun too. He says he doesn't even care if he gets paid, he thinks it would be one of the greatest jobs in life. Just to go around waiting for people to finish off their water and to top it off. They would always be happy with him. I am not sure when I say: "Go for it", but I'll let you all know if I see my life taking a very unpredicatable turn.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Brett;
I say "go for it" (golf, not the water boy thing).
Dad Nelson