


The little one took a plunge at the doctor's office a while back. I didn't see the fall but the only thing I can think happened was that she fell from an upper level play area to a lower and whacked her cheek on a table. It immediately swelled up and after a short nap on the way home she had quite the shiner. I felt so bad for her because she cried and cried. It couldn't have felt good. After a couple of days, and talking to many people, I was convinced and not convinced that she broke it. I wasn't sure what to do. It became red and warm and her snot had turned green so I was worried she had busted up the buccal cavity in there. I took her over to a local insta-care and he didn't think it was broken but was worried it might be infected. We started her on some medication. I can't believe how many times I had to explain what had happened (maybe I should have blogged about it then so I didn't have to tell so many people! ha ha). Anyway, it has taken months for the thing to look better. Once the swelling went away, she had this huge dimple line right where I would have guessed she hit the table. It has improved but you can still feel the scar tissue in there and she continues to have dimple in her cheek. So, here are a few pictures of close to the event and know. You can see the dimple in the bottom one if you look at her right cheek. I didn't get any pictures when it was really bad! I don't know what I was thinking. I am sure the middle picture is a self portrait but I think it shows how swollen her cheek really was.
No comments:
Post a Comment