I am starting to get the fever! This week it has been such nice weather that we even had a day we made it to the park! I was in charge of a craft group this week as well. We made cards. It was fun, a lot of work for me. When they asked me to head up this craft group they did it because they heard I was a "crafty" person. I laughed! And laughed some more. I really don't consider myself a crafty person but the more I get around other people and see some of their skills I am actually beginning to think I might be. SCARY. But, I will admit, I did learn this from my mom growing up. She was never afraid to jump into a project and figure it out. I remember watching her build a set of triple bunk beds that are the sturdiest bunk beds I have ever seen. I guess I go with that same philosophy of just figuring it out so it gets done, and it kind of makes me a somewhat crafty person. I had to help finish up a few cards so I came home and took over the kitchen table. I was going to take a picture just so everyone could see that I am not the cleanest scrapbooker, but I forgot and cleaned it up today. I think I have made well over 30 cards in the last couple of days and am very proud of some of my creations. It is about time I use some of my scrapbook store from the basement! Now that the stuff is all out, I just want to keep going. We will see how long this last.
Then I was in charge of the Jump for Heart at T-man's school. I had an event day for the 4-6th graders. It went well. However, I had laryngitis which made it really hard for anyone to hear me. Great timing to get sick. Thanks Brett for the cold, I still feel awful!
I think today we may have to pull some of those foreign weeds that like to grow in my neck of the woods. They grow way too fast and way too big. I am starting to see my tulips that I planted in the fall come up so I am excited. My friend continues to reassure me you can't mess tulips up but I was beginning to wonder. Guess that is what happens when you are north facing, spring takes a little bit longer to get to you.
6 comments:
Welcome back! Now that the week is over, our family will be thrilled to have its mom back.
Oh Sarah, I am so proud of you . . . even though reading this gave me a pang of guilt because I quickly hide from being in charge of any project ever. Look at you spearheading all of this! As if you aren't busy enough! Amazing.
Yes, the north/south facing driveways are such oppostites. Mine is south. My crocus's are done, my daffodils are just blooming and my tulips are well are their way. I love spring!
Sarah, this last week I was telling my husband about those bunk beds. It was so ironic that you mentioned them. Your mom is a great person. Hope your doing well.
- Hilary
Hilary,
That seriously makes me laugh that you remember those beds! They are fantastic, still there and my kids love to sleep on them when we visit.
Que used to tell me how he would wake up in the morning and sit up right into the bed above him!! ouch!! anyway, glad spring made its way, we had it for a few days and now we are in the middle of a blizzard!! keep that in mind when you all come down.
Post a Comment