Saturday, March 14, 2009
The Green, Mean Incredible Hulk
The other day Brett was playing hide and go seek with the kids with a green laser gun. When it was shone on the face, it obviously made the face look green. Brett told the kids they looked like the Hulk and then had to tell them who the Hulk was. They took it in stride. Until that night. He was reading to them when the Princess got really quiet. She snuggled up to him tighter and started to ask all sorts of questions. She wanted to know if he came and took kids in the middle of the night. Brett reassured her that he only came out in the day. She wanted to know why he was green. She told me it was because he must have ate a LOT of broccoli. But my favorite was when she asked me, "Why do people lose their temperature?". I couldn't figure out what she meant and with further probing, what do you mean, you mean when you have a fever, etc, she clarified, "No, like the Hulk". Oh, it dawned on me. Brett had explained to them he turns green when he loses his TEMPER. I asked her if that is what she meant and she said yes and I had to explain to her what that meant (like when I get really mad when you do something you shouldn't). The Hulk has been on her mind ever since. Poor thing. I guess that is what happens when you have a very active imagination.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh that is so cute and funny. I always am like, "dang" when I accidentally tell them something that terrifies them.
Yes, the hulk is a little complicated to explain to the little ones. We watched it at Joce's the other day. I kept trying to distract the kids as they came running into the room so I wouldn't have to calm any fears later that night.
Post a Comment