Thursday, September 25, 2008
At a Loss For Words, Except For a Few Names
I think I might be able to make a better post once I can get some serious help getting my jaw scraped off the floor. My husband took a job with Washington Mutual a few months back. There has been talk for years of WaMu getting bought out, we knew it was still an option. But for the time being, taking a job with them was our best option. As of today, my husband works for his ex-employer CHASE. OOOHHH. The IRONY. I seriously don't even know what to say or think. He still has a job, for how long, who knows. My complaint comes to the blasted people in the higher ups who have been feeding their employees the manure off the bottom of my shoes for months. I won't get started other than the stock my husband bought is now worth a big fat ZERO, or so we think, and the newly appointed CEO of the company just got a $10 million bonus for turning the company over to the Feds in a matter of 2 weeks. That is some serious business. And a buttload of crap for those who invested their money and 401K's in a company that was doing "just fine". Dishonest, crooked, and thief start to come to mind. But, I won't open that can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That these CEO's are walking away with millions is so wrong. If they can't keep a company from going under, they surely shouldn't be making the big bucks. Why should the tax payers have to pay for their mistakes when they are filling their pockets? It is so aggravating. Is Chase owned by JP Morgan? I don't understand why he is back with Chase. Sorry it's hard and stressful. Hang in there, or come to Florida for a small break.
Ohh Sar! i am so sorry for you guys!! I am glad your husband is not jobless, but still, so frustrating. unfortunatley, with Mike's job, I have begun to think every business is fairly crooked. I know that isn't fair, but sheesh, you see so many and you start to wonder!
It's JP Morgan Chase for most banks. Chase for short as far as I know. I believe that there are three different branches that have the JP Morgan name incorporated.
When I read the news this morning I thought I remembered Brett's new job being with WaMu, but I couldn't remember. I really don't know what to say. I think it's too early for "sorry." But I feel for your uncertainty (but then again, who DOESN'T have that right now). Hang in there, pay your tithing, and it will work out!
I learned the hard way after loosing a few thousand on two different companies that I worked for that employee stock purchases are rarely a good thing.
I need to figure out how to buy my mortgage for $0.60 on the dollar.
Post a Comment