First off, I want to thank all of you who supported us in the recent Heart Walk. T-man and I had a great time. It was a great mother-son bonding experience. He did so well. They had a little Kid Fun Run to start the festivities off and he ran the whole way. They gave him a ribbon and a Subway Cash Card when he finished. We walked once around Sugar House Park and then headed back to all the activities. T-man had fun at all the big blow up bouncy things, getting his face painted (Mom, I've never had this done before!), and building a bird house at the Home Depot workshop. There was also some food and free give aways that he couldn't pass up. It really was a beautiful morning and such a great cause that I may do it again next year. I didn't realize it when I was signing up, but it was for Heart Disease and Stroke. When I usually think of heart disease I think of arteriosclerosis or atherosclerosis, not of Congenital Heart Disease that affects most of the kids I work with. But this walk is to benefit all of those, so I am glad we went and did it.
No comments:
Post a Comment