Last night I got a desperation call from work and headed in for half a shift. That left Brett in charge of 3 little kids. Not that big of a deal considering he gets to put them to bed within 2 hours of me leaving. T-man went to bed pretty easily. Princess and the little one seemed to give him a little more grumbling and mumbling in his attempts. He finally got Princess in bed, looking at a million books, only to sneak down to cuddle up with him on the couch for half an hour or so. He put her back to bed, again, and I am sure threatened her with the removal of her bunny or blanket if she got out again. A few minutes later he heard her out of bed. Time passes by and he decides to go check on her. He is furious, fuming, and ready to lay into her, when he comes around the corner and finds the princess covered in my make-up. He can't help it, he becomes hysterical with laughter. She is a little embarrassed as she looks at herself in the mirror and says, "Dad, I wook wike a cwown." He took a few snapshots for me to enjoy and told me these are minor compared to what she looked like before she wiped the lipstick off. She asked me recently if we would see a Princess at the upcoming Circus, and I told her there wasn't Princesses at the circus, but I think I need to retract that, because apparently there ARE Princess Clowns.
5 comments:
I'm laughing my head off because I just took a picture of Daniel yesterday that looks exactly the same. Will post it in a second. Kids will be kids. I can't keep him out of anything lately. His latest addition to the pantry is chocolate cupcake with pink frosting. I still haven't scrubbed it off of the wall.
Gotta love it! She's so funny.
Well, all I can say is cheers to your husband for being able to see the humor and take the pics so it was a fun memory rather than just a big frustrating moment! I need to do that more often!
I am just impressed he think to take a picture!
LOVE IT!
Post a Comment