Monday, August 4, 2008

Medusa, The American Gladiator

I used to have a great desire to be an American Gladiator. It wasn't that I would be a contestant on the show; I would actually be one of the "Gladiators". My name would be Medusa. While other girls were dreaming of being a dancer, or a princess, I was dreaming even bigger. I am embarrassed to actually admit this, because I think it shows a little more of my true character. I remember when I would be asked the question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I would put down an American Gladiator. I have family and friends who can vouch for this. I might even have some of the papers to prove it. As time went on, the show disappeared and my hopes and dreams were shattered. Until now. The show is back on with new Gladiators. I can't decide if I should start training now to be an American Gladiator or if I should start training now and be a contender. I can see it now, mother of 3, used to be athlete, fighting for the right to be crowned an American Gladiator. Battling for the title, I would probably get worked and just have to lie down and surrender. The dream is still there, I just don't know that the fire is. The 100,000 dollar prize money ought to be enough to push me though. Someday, maybe someday.

4 comments:

chris said...

I used to want to be a Solid Gold dancer and dad would get so mad at me when ever I said that. hahahaha I still tell my dance aerobic classes that story sometims (when I was teaching that is) I also wanted to be on Gladiators, but be the contestant who kicks A$$. I know I could still own them. My upper body strength and hand grip is just too good from gymnastics. Inflated head entering picture here. Unfortunately, so is time and age and lack of exercise for the past year. Let's start a strict training regiment and maybe we could enter as sister terminators!!!!

ashley said...

I think you should go for it... who knows, you may start off as a contestant and move up the ranks in no time! I'm excited to see your design for your outfit you would wear as Medusa...

Rebecca said...

My girls LOVE that show! They go around the house saying "Are the contenders ready?" Then one of them will yell and the other will say "Gladiator ready?" And then the other will growl really loud. They love playing American Gladiator. Is say you should do it. We will watch you!

Taylor and Melissa said...

Sounds like Sarah has a quest! Watch out Brett- she may accomplish hers. Go Gladiators!!