Monday, August 25, 2008

Let the Tears Flow




It was T-man's first day of Kindergarten today. He was so cute. All last week he would get really somnolent and I would ask him what was wrong. He would tell me how nervous he was to start kindergarten. He has been so excited all summer, but I think reality finally hit him. Last week the school had a fun Summer Social that we got to go to and that helped ease the nerves. He decided today that he was BRAVE. I did really well and actually didn't cry. The only time I about did when I was talking with a neighbor lady and her little girl. The older brother of this little girl was at recess and he came over and gave her a big hug with a pat on the head and didn't say anything. It was really sweet and you just knew that he knew what she was going through. He had fun today, but told me it was so LONG. When I told him he had to go back tomorrow, he just threw his head back and sighed. He will do great and we are excited to be back on a routine!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh my goodness, do they wear little uniforms at his school!? I don't know why, but I love that. Look how cute they all look lined up in their navy an dtan. I'm sure it isn't fun having to wear certain things, but I still think it is darling.

chris said...

Well, I did cry when I took Kyrie to her first day. Now I'm all but throwing them out of the door each morning to get rid of them. He looks so cute. Is kindergarten full day there or 1/2 day? Do you have your assemblies lined up for the year? Maybe if Rowdy Gains is going that way sometime he could do one for you. The kids might like that.

Karly said...

How handsome is he??

globaljunkie said...

what's with the uniforms? you put him into kindy boot camp?