Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Day It All Began



I am so glad that my husband "peaked" (as he likes to say) on our wedding day. What a wonderful day it was, NINE years ago TODAY. I married such a great man, and as a result have a great family and life. Our little family of 2 has quickly grown to a "full-fledged" family of 5 (another Brettism, even marked more poignantly the day he drove the mini-van off the lot as a result of number 3). Thanks honey and Happy Anniversary. I don't really have a great shot that isn't scrap booked or professional of us together, so I tried to do my best. Brett is in Seattle for a few more days, not the first anniversary we have celebrated apart. Summers really are busy and I am learning that more and more. To the beginning of our life together, forever, I will always love you. (I know, a little sappy, especially for me)

9 comments:

chris said...

Wow!! Everyone looks so YOUNG in those pictures. We decided Brett looks like Tanner, M&D look really young, but Sarah hasn't changed.

Rebecca said...

Happy Anniversary!

Jolie said...

Happy Anniversary! Isn't it funny how fast time goes?

J and J said...

Dear Sarah, Sorry I failed to wish you Happy Anniversary yesterday. I did think that your anniversary was coming soon. I had to think for a minute who Chris meant when she said that M looked so young - I finally decided that she meant me. When I blow up that picture I do look young - is it the weight loss? Maybe I will have to try that again. But this time I would probably just look "old" and thinner. Dan does look really young. And the picture of Sarah and the girls have always been one of my favorite. And look at those kids now 15 and almost 12. Time does have a way of rapidly passing us by. Those for all those grandkids you have given us, they are so much fun - keep up the good work. Luv M

Julie said...

Happy Anniversary...those pictures are so great. You were a beautiful bride. How does 9 years just slip away so quickly?? You have a lot to show for those 9 years though!

Nancy said...

Oh, and to think, I was there on that very day just happily hanging out between the wedding breakfast and reception with Sarah and Jill. What fun and how gorgeous you looked (and still do of course). Happy anniversary! It's nice to still really like your spouse and find them funny and clever (as I can tell you find Brett -- even if you are shaking your head as you laugh) after nearly a decade!

Kristin said...

Holy crap! Great pictures! Brett looks like he is 12, love it! Happy Anniversary, sorry you're not together!

Anonymous said...

I basically was 12. Honey, love you back.

globaljunkie said...

Dan looks like such a dork...