I think I have been tagged a few times, a while ago, and have yet taken the time to do something about it. Part of it is I don't know five things to write about myself, the other part is I haven't had time to sit and actually think.
Here are some of my quirks:
1. My family is one of the most important things in my life. Being a mother and wife has changed my outlook and perspective on so many things. Not only has it taught me more about myself than I sometimes care to know, it has given me more faith and belief than I could have hoped for. I have been so blessed with a great husband and kids, wonderful parents, tons of siblings and 25 fun nieces and nephews (this list includes in-laws). It has taken me years to truly understand the importance of family.
2. I am an avid reader. I disappear for a few days when I get into a book. It doesn't matter if I love the book or not, it will be completed usually within a week, if not a couple of days. I love all different genres and love to learn things through reading.
3. I love to travel. I have been to so many places but there are so many more places I would love to go. I have found that it is harder to do international travel with kids, and I only hope someday that they can go with me. I can't say that I have one favorite place to go over another because they all offer something completely different. Here is a list of all the countries I have visited or lived in: Israel, Egypt, Jordan, Hungary, Austria, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, France, Italy, Greece, Croatia, Mexico, Bahamas, Grand Cayman, Jamaica, Honduras and Belize. I think that is all of them and I have visited almost all states-maybe all but 10. I would love to do more travel to the Far East and Middle East. I also would love to visit a few countries in South America, wouldn't mind going to Australia. I hope my next trip though will be to the Ukraine and a few outlying countries (MOM/DAD that is a hint)!!!
4. I need exercise. I haven't been very good about going lately and I can give you all of the excuses in the world right now, but won't. I love the release of endorhpins exercise provides. It keeps me happy and rejuvenated. It gives me a little "me" time, and it helps me feel good about myself.
5. I have not had very many "jobs" where I get paid in my life. When I used to have to fill out my resume, I always had to make things sound a lot better than they usually were. . .like being an OFFICE JANITOR. I cleaned my dad's office-ONCE A WEEK while in high school and got paid a ridiculous amount of money. Then I worked for him as a receptionist/filer. My first job was being a newspaper carrier and of course I always had jobs around the house I could get money out of my mom for. My first real job was at Primary Children's as a Nurse. I love being a nurse and taking care of people. I have the need to nurture others and this is just one way I can do it and reap so many rewards for it. I continue to work there randomly (a couple of times a month). It gives me such insight, a break, and helps me to appreciate my kids health so much more.
2 comments:
I know that this is off subject, but I want to ask you what you thought of the Golden Compass? I just noticed that it was one of your recent readings, and was curious as to what you thought, that is, with all the "conterversy" surronding it here in the valley...
The First of the series was alright. Nothing to out of the ordinary. He writes about "Dust" which is the original sin. I guess in sequels the girl and another boy end up being Adam and Eve and try and kill God. Sounds up lifting, right? I am sure you have heard that these are the "Anti-Narnia" books, that Pullman despises CS Lewis and that he is very atheist. What a great children's novel.
Post a Comment