Friday, January 23, 2009

The Man With No Name

I started out the day with a literal bang, and am seriously going to have to pay for it!!! I was driving to the gym when I saw one of those water covers popped up in the road (the smaller one, about six inches in diameter) and thought I was going to hit it. So yes, I swerved, and still hit it. I popped it out and must have flipped it over and it put a hole in my back tire. I immediately pulled over because my tire pressure light went on. I got out in time to still hear the tire hissing. I called Brett and told him I could drive down to the car dealership close by and walked back to see the tire completely flat. Ouch. The problem was it was on the minivan so I had all the car seats. I have only changed a flat once, during driver's training 15 years ago!!! I was trying to find someone to watch the kids so Brett could come help me and some SAINT pulled over to help me. I felt so bad watching him do all the work. I told him I could get my husband there but he was more than willing. It took over a half hour to figure out how to get to all the things and find the right tools. He was heading to work and I am sure late because of it! I am just so thankful to know there are still people in this world who are willing to help others out. He truly was an angel sent from heaven at that time, and to top it all off, I never even asked his name. He will be blessed for his great service to someone in distress. Now, I am in even more distress as we have now learned we will probably be buying all new tires. Life comes at you fast.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Refreshing to know there are still good people in this crazy world! Sorry about the tires, that's always a fun purchase!

Liz said...

I'm so glad the man stopped! I hate when things like this happen! Sorry!

Nancy said...

Ohh, I love strangers doing nice things!! AND, look at you!! Running half marathons, heading to the gym even with how busy you've been! Aarrgghh. If I don't find some way to get back into shape I am going to cry . . . and I don't think a kind stranger can fix that!

Amanda said...

Weird. I saw one of those water things broken in Murray today and accidently hit it before I realized it. What are the chances? Luckily, it didn't do anything to my car or anything. I'm glad someone was able to stop and help you. That was nice of him to take time out of his day to do that for you.

chris said...

Unfortunately many times the tires that come on new cars are not that great, so we end up spending a fortune to replace them way to soon. I had a flat going back to the Y many years ago right over the point by where the prison now is. It was freezing cold, windy, and traffic was rushing by. Some nice young man and his wife stopped to help me. All I can remember is that his dad taught religion at the Y. It is nice to know there are still angels amongst us.

Now, just learn to drive better!!! hahahahahah just kidding

Heidi said...

His name was Hondo.