Monday, April 4, 2011

Disneyland and Las Vegas


I finally talked my husband into letting us go on a trip to Disneyland. We gave it to the kids for Christmas so T-man was pretty interested in the logistics of just how Santa really pulled this off.
Tough one to explain, but we managed. We had such a great time. KK was big enough to ride on just about everything. She even got off Space Mountain with a big smile on her face. I wasn't sure if she would even like the roller coasters, she isn't quite 4, but she did. Surprisingly enough, when we got home, my husband mentioned that he had a good time. I had to pick my jaw up off the floor.
Unfortunately, we didn't have great weather and had to hang out under the monorail for about an hour one day, eating lunch and trying to pry our frozen fingers off of our capri-suns. At that point, Princess looked at us and said, "I hate Disneyland, I want to go home". We managed to convince her that it would get better, which it did.
We went and stayed with Dan and Amanda for a couple of days as well. The kids were so excited to see Amelia and to see where they lived. We tried to avoid the strip, but the kids wanted to hit the M&M chocolate factory to have a tour. I guess they got rid of it, and instead do a lame 3-D movie instead. Don't waste your time. We went to the Hoover Dam, and despite Brett's attempts to let the kids climb up on the edge to look over, we didn't lose any of them. KK did manage to puke all over herself though in the car. It made for a pleasant smell the rest of the way.
I will post a few more pictures in a few.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

It was fun to have you guys come stay with us. Wish it could have been longer. Glad you had fun in Disneyland!

D-Man said...

Looks like you guys had fun. Too bad we couldn't go with you. It was fun having you here.