Brett: Do you want to set some goals for this year.
Me: Yep.
Brett: OK, what do you want to do.
Me: Oh, I don't know you figure it out.
This conversation goes on for about a week, the last week of the year. He has every intention of getting me to commit to something, and I have every intention of agreeing, trying, and even coming up with some of my own. And then before I know it, it is January 27th. He has set goals for us (and I may not even know what they are) and I am still trying to figure out what I slacked on from last year.
I hate Resolutions. I understand the need for goals and to work on things, but I guess in my mind, I hate that it has to surround the New Year and that is isn't something that is a continual process.
I should love them because maybe it would really get me to blog. Maybe.
And there you have it. The first resolution I failed at.
There is still time.....
Last month I opened up my journal to write in it. I try to write a yearly letter to each of my kids around the time of their birthday. I remember the year before I was always so tired and had the intention of doing the older 2's letter when KK had her birthday and I wrote hers, since I didn't get it done when they had their actual birthdays. You probably can imagine my surprise when I opened my journal and realized it had been over TWO years since I last wrote. TWO WHOLE years of incredible busy, brutally honest events that were captured no where. Maybe occasional excerpts here on my blog, but even this has slacked off. If I don't have it here, and I don't have it in my journal-it is nowhere. Guess I better get on it and start getting better at both.
I am setting a resolution for today: To start.
1 comment:
My favorite line in this whole post is the line where you mention that Brett has probably gone ahead and set goals for you guys and you don't even know what they are. I can just picture a later conversation where you are going, "What? Well I didn't even know we had that goal!" and Brett saying, "Well, I set it for us clear back on Jan 1st!" and you saying, "Maybe you should have told me??"
Post a Comment