Saturday, October 23, 2010

Beauty and The Beast

I took my daughters to Ramona and Beezus today. It was quite the heartwarming little story. I swear I read these books as a kid, but couldn't remember much of it. It gave me the gentle reminder to love my kids despite the challenges they bring. No matter how many times they really do squeeze the toothpaste all over the counter, or decide to help themselves pour a glass of milk, or make a pb and j sandwich, only to turn the kitchen into WWIII. Or the times it gets a little too quite for my liking and I have to go find my middle child getting into a little too much make-up, making her look like she is ready for the streets. These little moments too treasure!
But really, it is moments like the conversation with my middle child that really are worth treasuring. Also, that make me a little scared to see what she will be like when she is a teen!

While watching the end of Beauty and the Beast today:
P to Mom: I wish I was Belle.
Mom: She is really pretty, huh?
P: Yeah, but I just want to have TWO boys fight over me!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I sometimes have those reminders. I'll be thinking my kids are doomed to be terrible people because they hit their sibling or did some other trouble making thing -- then I remember that Mike was banned from cub scout camp one year or that my brothers punched multiple holes in my parents' walls and I think, "Maybe my kids will still turn out fine after all."

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness that is too funny. Where does she come up with these things already?

I want to see that movie! It looks cute.

The Christensens said...

Ha ha!!! Tell Brett to get the boy bat ready in a few years when she's a teenager.