



Skagway is a tiny little town approximately a 20 by 5 block area. It has approximately 800 people that live there; however, many students come up for the summer to work. The town at one time had a population of about 20,000. This was during the big Klondike Gold Rush. We went on a four hour train ride up the White Pass Yukon Rail. The scenery was amazing. There wasn't much else to do in Skagway other than to shop, but it was a fun little town to shop in. I am realizing that most of my pictures for this train ride were taken on my father-in-laws camera. It has much better capabilities than mine, so I stole it for this ride. I will have to post them once I find where we saved them on the computer!
1 comment:
Loved the train! I'm looking forward to the pics from Bz's camera. Especially the ones where we stuck our heads out the side of the train.
Post a Comment