I can't say that I feel that my life is boring, but I must admit when it comes to posting on the blog lately, I am having a tough time. And then I think of what is going on in my life and think that it is boring. I am ever reminded though that I keep this blog more for my posterity than anything so that entitles me to feel like I should post.
I went to Missouri this past weekend for my aunt's wedding. She and the groom are both 50. It was my aunt's first marriage, his second and they both just seemed very content with each other. It was very low key, just how my aunt is, so perfect for her. It was fun to catch up with cousins I haven't seen in 20 years and to see the town my mother grew up in. It wasn't much, that little town of 13,000, but I am glad the neighborhood Wal-Mart was the local gathering hole. I flew, but don't think I got the flu. My brothers and their wives and my mom drove. Wow. 36 hours of driving with only a 24 hour stop. I still love being around the mountains and was glad to get back to my hubbie and kids.
As for the law school thing. We are still, atleast I am, holding out completely and utterly for the Y. I think Brett feels the best option for us so far is Gonzaga. We have yet to hear from a few more schools though, but I don't know that any of them would change much. It hasn't been a fun journey thus far like I thought it could be. Reality is sinking in and it makes me realize I just don't want to go anywhere.
I started a new thing with my kids as well. I picked up all their stuff on the ground and put it in a basket. I made a drawing of extra chores they have to do to get their stuff back. My kids love it. They keep asking me if they can choose from the hat a treat chore. Or they want to know when they can do a special chore. I wonder how long this will last but I am loving it.
So a totally random post with bits and pieces pulled from here and there. But maybe, just maybe, I will start thinking again and have something else to write about.
5 comments:
I know what you mean, Sar. I always think my blog has to be all entertaining, but now that I have a blog I haven't been keeping up on my normal journal, so I really ought to still be putting the random things going on with us down on my blog . . . I guess people don't have to read, right?? Anyway, if it makes you feel better, I thought it was interesting that you got to have a little get away for your aunt's wedding . . . and more interesting that some of your family braved the drive. Wow is right. I am not one for being in the car and our 12 hour drives from WA were more than I care to do again.
I'm all about the chores to get their stuff back. Way cool idea. If I can get my act together maybe I can start something cool like that. I've threatened a few times that we would need to do something of that nature. I have a lot more to say to you. I still need go give you a call!
good post! I like the creativity with the kiddos!
Gonzaga over the Y any day. I think you will find long term employment prospects may be better....and they have a better b-ball team.
I was feeling the same way last night! I looked at my photos and didn't really feel like telling about anything! If I don't take a picture of it, it's got to be too boring to talk about...right? I hope you get into the Y! I'm watching to see how things go for you guys because Jeff is applying to P.A. school and I'm "trying" to have a good attitude, but I'm afraid of all of the crazy changes! Good luck to you guys!
Post a Comment